Why have a church home?
Let's face it, being a member of a church has its privileges. Please understand being a member isn't the same as being a believer. Either way we're here for the sinner or the saint.
When most people say "I do" they get married standing at the alter in a church, before God and all the witnesses. That same alter is where we bring our love ones to say goodbye when they have passed away. Some even bring their children to the alter to be dedicated before the LORD. The church is an extension of God's home. Come, join us at the LORD's table. Let's feast on the Word and drink from His cup of blessings.
Having a church home will give you access to the Father's house of prayer. A good church home will provide spiritual support in both good and difficult times. Don't wait until you're engaged to be married, about to have a child or grieving the loss of a loved one. Build relationships with the church now so you won't have to go through it alone.
Historic Buford Colony C.O.G.I.C.
Having received JESUS CHRIST as my LORD & SAVIOR, I now feel led to unite with Historic Buford Colony Church Family. In doing so I commit myself to GOD first and to the other members to do the following:
- I will protect the church
- By acting in love toward other members (1 Peter 1:22)
- By refusing to gossip (Eph. 4:29)
- By following the leaders of the church (Heb. 13:17)
- I will share the responsibility of the church
- By praying for its growth (1 Thess. 1:1-2)
- By inviting the lost to attend (Luke 14:23)
- By warmly welcoming those who visit (Rom. 15:7)
- I will serve the ministry of my church
- By discovering my gifts & talents (1 Peter 4:10)
- By developing a servant's heart ( Philip. 2:3-4,7)
- By giving regularly (Luke 6:38)
- I will support the testimony of the church
- By attending faithfully (Heb. 10:25)
- By living a GODLY life (Titus 2:12)
- By sharing my faith (Matt. 5:16)